Hall of Fame News Archive
- "Na Mele Hawai`i 2003" Concert - Don't miss the Kahauanu Singers with Kahauanu and Tommy Lake, Mahiai Beamer, and Nina Kealiiwahamana at the Kawaiaha`o Church on February 1.
- 2003 Election Results - HMHF's new President and Board.
- E Mele Kakou - 75 Ka`iulani School 5th graders sing in Hawaiian with basic hula hand gestures.
- E Mele Kakou Update - Hawaiian Music Foundation outreach projects seeks more schools.
- Kahauanu Lake CDs - New offerings from Hula Records.
- Noelani Mahoe - Profile of this notable Hall of Fame member.
- Lyman Museum debut - The Hall of Fame exhibit makes a splash at Hilo's Lyman Museum
- Aloha Week Hula - History of this popular hapa haole song from Harry B. Soria, Jr.
- About Michael H. Goldsen - Profile of a Notable Member and Hawaiian Music Publisher
- Kamehameha Schools - A Musical Biography
- Kahauanu Lake Singers CD - First release by this fine group
- "Pearly Shells" - Hawaiian history behind the song
- New Director - The Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame and Museum welcomes new director, James Stone.
- New Corporate Name - Starting on January 1, 2003, we'll begin using our new corporate name... Hawaiian Music Foundation
- Hall of Fame Exhibits Welcomed - The exhibits now stand in the brand new Paliku Theatre at Windward Community College.
- Pat Bacon honored - West Honolulu Rotary Club presents Pat with the Mary Kawena Puku`i Award.
- Exhibits visit Lyman Museum - Big Island honorees Ray Kinney and the Haili Church Choir "come home."
- New "E Mele Kakou" Partner - The Hawai`i Youth Opera Chorus joins us in our music education project.
- New Directors Elected - The governing Board welcomes new directors, Dean A. Eyre, Jr., Michael A. "Buddy" McGuire, Richard Rodby, and Nola Nahulu.
- In Memoriam - Irmgard Farden Aluli - A retrospective on Hawaii's most recently departed musical giant.
- 2001 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Concert - A host of stars light up the Hawai'i Theatre stage on February 20, 2001 for the induction of Genoa Keawe and the Haili Church Choir into the Hall of Fame. February 20, 2001.
- 2001 Annual Meeting - Notes on this year's meeting at Kawaiaha`o Church.
- E Mele Kakou Expands - The latest on this expanding education project.
- Kaiulani School pilot program report - success for this highly successful program.
- E Mele Kakou - Education Committee plans fall course at Hanahauoli School.
- Induction Ceremony 2000 - New Honorees get "royal treatment."
- Juliette Montague Cooke - Music teacher for "Na Lani Eha" at the Chiefs' Children's School
- Museum and Hall of Fame progress report - about our first 5 years and a look to the future.
- New Directors - Our new board of directors
- Pilot Hawaiian Music Course - a new course for Kaiulani school fourth grade students focusing on the great Hawaiian music between 1860 and 1920.
- 1998 Hall of Fame Concert - Hawai`i Theatre packed for the second year.
- Beginnings - How our association began
Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame
P.O. Box 4717, Honolulu, HI 96812-4717
Phone: (808) 372-8921
Fax: (808) 596-8680