Forum Home > Hawaiian Music History and Culture > Houghtailing Family History

Houghtailing Family History

(79 Messages)

Linda Maile Houghtailing
lmaile99@yahoo.com
Posted 8/3/03 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Houghtailing Family History

My grandmother's name was Maile Keliiheleua Houghtailing who spoke of her brother that played at the Ala Moana Americana Hotel years ago. My father Joseph R. Houghtailing is her son from her first marriage.
He had two brothers Edmund and Earl. My father has always kept an article in his wallet and showed it to me the other day. So, I thought I would look him up. My grandmother passed away in 1993.

Top | Bottom
Susan Keliiheleua
RATS2GO@aol.com
Posted 11/6/03 at 12:11pm

Post a reply

Maile Houghtailing

Maile's brother was my husband David Keliiheleua. He used the professional name David Kelii for recording and as a musician. Maile Visited us in Las Vegas in the sixties os early seventies. She brought her two grandaughters with her before returning to Richmond California. She visited us in Hawaii and we were able to get information on geneology and the family from her. I think Maile had another son Reuban who lived in San Francisco.

Linda Maile Houghtailing Rutledge
lmaile99@yahoo.com
Posted 1/4/04 at 10:01pm

Post a reply

Keliiheleua Family

Aloha, I just got your message and was happy to hear from you. My fathers name is Reuben Houghtailing. You mentioned a geneology of the family. Can I possibly get that information from you. My father is now
78 years old now. My grandma Maile passed away December 14, 1993. We miss her dearly. We live in the Bay Area, Richmond, California. Which is right outside of San Francisco. The 2 grand daughters you were talking about I think might have been Uncle Earl's 2 daughters. Grandma's last child. He just passed away too! Please if you have any information on our family history e-mail me at lmaile99@yahoo.com or you can call me at #510-222-2275. God Bless you and your family and Happy New Year.

John A. Houghtaling Sr.
athens2@mhonline.net
Posted 1/13/04 at 1:01pm

Post a reply

Houghtalings/Houghtaling/Hotaling

Linda M. Houghtailing:

Please email to this address,(athens2@mhonline.net)and I will give you some information on the Houghtalings from New York...Greene County. Where the Mathias Houghtaling settled in 1648 from Holland.

Regards,
John A. Houghtaling Sr.
athens2@mhonline.net

Susan Keliiheleua
RATS2GO@aol.com
Posted 6/7/04 at 9:06pm

Post a reply

David Kelii

I do have some geneology on the family. My address is 1501 Banner Cr.
Las Vegas, NV 89102

lmaile99@yahoo.com
Posted 8/9/04 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

David Kelii

I just looked at my messages today. I am so happy to receive your message. I am very much interested in the information you have on the family. I will jot your address down and mine is 393 Linda Drive, San Pablo, Ca. 94806. My phone number is #510-222-2275. Please call me if you have the chance. My father's name is Joseph Rueben Houghtailing, son to Maile Keliiheleua. Whom is David's sister. My father is trying to locate Annie Hall or Billy Jean or Aunty Mary. Are you familiar with these names? My father is now 77 years old. Call me collect if you have too! Thanks, Linda Maile

maile houghtailing
Wlvall@aol.com
Posted 10/12/04 at 3:10pm

Post a reply

maile houghtailing

Hi linda maile I am the great grandaughter of maile keliiheleua. I have a brother named Andrew. We were both there when she died and miss her dearly. We would like to know more about her because we were to young. Ooohh! I forgot my name is Maile also. If you have any info email me at Wlvall@aol.com or call me!!!

Daniel K Keliiheleua
dkeliiheleua@msn.com
Posted 4/10/05 at 7:04pm

Post a reply

dkeliiheleua@msn.com

Aloha, Ohana
I just discovered this website and was excited to find some family members. I am Daniel Kaipo Keliiheleua and David Keliiheleua is my father. I have been doing our family geneology and some information that I would be happy to share with all of you. I am also hoping that you might have some information that I currently do not have. I have a family group record for tutu William Kelehua Kealiiokalani Keliiheleua and his wife Mary Pauahi Keahi and all seven of their children: William Pookini, Maile Mary, who married Edward Houghtailing, Louise Lucy Kahilinei, Joseph Kalani, David Keahi Kaikolani, my father, Elizabeth Lono, and Maryann Meleana. I am trying to locate a birth or death date for Meleana Keahi, Mary Pauahi's sister. If any of you have information on her, please write back soon.
Aloha and Mahalo, Kaipo

Melanie Hatchie
gmhatchie@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 7/9/05 at 5:07pm

Post a reply

gmhatchie@hawaii.rr.com

Aloha:

You are our family. Tell me more about the ohana. My brother somehow went to google and located this message. How ironic...
My grandmother was and will forever be: Elizabeth Lono (Keliiheleua) Souza. She past away Dec. 15, 1995. A beautiful lady. I had the pleasure of helping to care for her during my high school years. I do miss her dearly. write back.

Melanie K.Souza Hatchie
Ronald W. Souza (Father)
Alfred and Elizabeth Souza (Grandparents)

erin bertrand
erinreidt@hotmail.com
Posted 8/8/05 at 11:08am

Post a reply

william k. haughtailing

my name is erin bertrand I am granddaughter of edward haughtailing and daughter of william haughtailing. my father william (nickname Kim) was legally adapted by Eugene Reidt so we really know nothing of this side of the family I am interested in the family history mainly knowing something of my blood grandfather, were he possibly resides or if he is even still alive. And about possible other aunts, uncles, cousins etc., anything at all. I am no longer able to even ask my grandmother Eleanor(Edwards first wife) as she has passed. (509)499-7150 (509)

Natasha Franks
hawncutie@yahoo.com
Posted 8/10/05 at 6:08pm

Post a reply

just wondering

My great-great grandmother's name was Catherine Franks her mother's name was Eliza Lewis Houghtailing, the daughter of George Washington Houghtailing, the saloon-keeper who arrived in Hawaii more than 150 yrs ago. I was just wondering if there was some connection between my family and anyone else's. I'd really appreciate if anyone could write back.

P.S. There was an article written on my family in 2000 in the Honolulu Advertiser. It is still available in the archives.

Sue K Keliiheleua
RATS2GO@aol.com
Posted 8/14/05 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Ohana

Meleana was here in Vegas last year. She is in her 80's but still very active. Annie Hall moved from Las Vegas to Kauai but is now living in Pearl City. Meleana
has a grandaughter working here in Vegas. Abigail Keliiholokai-Pahinui (niece) moved back to Hawaii last year after her husband passed away. Jason Keliiheleua is serving a Mormon mission in Illinois.
Lisa Keliiheleua is serving a Mission in Iowa.
Michelle Keliiheleua served a mission In Puerto Rico.
She is now married ad living in Utah and has 2 small boys. Kaikolani and Keahi. I married David Keliiheleua
twice. The 2nd time in Las Vegas because we were not sure our marriage in 1954 in Mexico was legal.

Dani Gardner
dagardne@ksbe.edu
Posted 11/22/05 at 1:11pm

Post a reply

Houghtailing family/Hawaii

Aloha all,

My name is Dani HOUGHTAILING Gardner and I am the family genealogist for the Hawaiian Family Houghtailing here in Hawaii. I am the daughter of Daniel True Houghtailing, Jr., granddaughter of Daniel True Houghtailing, Sr., great-granddaughter of George Washington Houghtailing and his second wife Eliza Pi'imoku Thompson.

I am interested in making contact with all family members. CONTACT ME and maybe I can enlighten your queries about family members and maybe just maybe someone out there will enlighten me with information about Eliza P'imoku, as she was evasive about her side of the family. I only know that she originally came from the island of Kauai.

Aloha piha,

Dani

Dani Gardner
dagardne@ksbe.edu
Posted 11/23/05 at 8:11am

Post a reply

Keliiheleua

Aloha,
My name is Dannette "Dani" HOUGHTAILING Gardner and I graduated from Kamehameha School for Girls in 1961 and have a classmate by the name of David Keliiheleua, is he any relation? Just wondering! I am the family genealogist for the Hawaiian Family Houghtailing. We celebrated our first reunion in August of 1994 and have yet to gather and share stories of the family. I still keep in touch with key people for the Eliza, James, Daniel I and Daniel 2 (I come from this line)lines. I am deeply interested in gathering more information about this family from family members, even if it is via e-mail. I have been doing research on this family for about 30+ years and have yet to find enough info on Eliza Pi'imoku Thompson. Get in touch with me if interested.

Aloha, Dani

Stephanie Brancaleoni
sqb@wanadoo.fr
Posted 12/7/05 at 12:12am

Post a reply

Houghtailing Street

Hello Everyone. I grew up in Kalihi and graduated from St. Francis Convent High School in 1963. Daisy Houghtailing was one of my classmates and lived on Houghtailing Street while in high school. I wonder if she's related to your family. Also we have a group of 1963 graduates who correspond regularly via email and was curious about the origin of Houghtailing Street, if there was a connection with your family. Thank you for any information.

P.S. I now live in France. My maiden name is Quintana.

Diana Luana Schmidt
Diana.L.Schmidt@noaa.gov
Posted 1/13/06 at 2:01pm

Post a reply

Mark Houghtailing

I am so glad I came across this website. I've been trying to find the history and significance behind the Houghtailing name for a long time. My father's name is Mark Houghtailing Lee, born and raised in Honolulu. I lived in the Honolulu area for the first 4 years of life, but then my parents split up and we moved to California. My grandmother is Tahitian and the family last name was changed (by missionaries?) long ago to "Napoleon". I'm still trying to learn her true name. Can anyone suggest a source I could check out to learn more. I'm finally moving back to Hawaii in May 2006. Warmest Aloha.

John A. Houghtaling
athens3@tvc@online.net
Posted 1/21/06 at 4:01pm

Post a reply

Houghtaling Family/Greene County NY

Your ancestors are from Greene County NY. Mathias Houghtaling settled here in Coxsackie NY around 1670. I am great great great grandson of Mathias still living here in Athens/Coxsackie NY. If you need any info on the Houghtaling of NY please email me at this address.....athens3@tvconline.net. My wife and I had spent some time in Hawaii twenty years ago and met with the the daughter of a Houghtailing family and would like to make some kind of contact with her. George Hoguthaling went to California in 1848 from which he went to Hawaii. I belive we met a person named Gardner. Would love some kind of email from this family...the Gardner Family of Hawaii. I am sure you will remember the meeting when we were met at the school. My wife and I met with your father and mother at the airport befor our departure back to the mainland.

Regards,
John A. Houghtaling Sr.

stacy Bezmarevich
stacy_skinner@hotmail.com
Posted 1/25/06 at 12:01pm

Post a reply

houghtailing family history

Hello Linda:
My grandmother, Aileen May has history in Hawaii. Unfortunately, she has a terrible case of dementia.

I'm interested in my family history. My father has passed away ,and I have no way to learn about my family history. My mother has very limited information on my fathers family and she told me my grandmother is part of the Houghtailing family and the May family from Hawaii but that is all she has. I know my grnadmother has spoken of a Aunt Mabel May Houghtailing. By chance, do you know the name Aileen May? And how she is related to the Houghtailing family? She was born in Hawaii and believe went to the private school for Girls in Hawaii. If you have any information I would greatly appreciate your time!

Thank you,

Stacy Bezmarevich

Warren Houghtailing
whoughtailing@yahoo.com
Posted 1/26/06 at 2:01am

Post a reply

I'm Daisy's Brother

Just found this website and noted your query; my sister is Daisy Houghtailing who graduated from St. Francis High School. She is well and living in Kailua, Hawaii. She isn't online, but I can give her a message or you could write to her at: 573 Ka Awakea Road, Kailua, HI 96734.

As for how the street got our name; so far as I understand it, the family use to own the property where Damien High School is located. Being the first family in the area, the street was named after them.

Thank you for inquiring about my sister; I'll let her know that I contacted you.

stacy bezmarevich
Posted 1/26/06 at 8:01am

Post a reply

houghtailing family from hawaii

Hello:
I just came across this Web site and I'm currently doing some reaseach on my Grandmothers family. I have very limited information. I know that my Grandmother Aileen May had an Aunt by the name of Mabel Houghtailing. Does anybody know either my Grandmother or her Aunt Mabel? Any reply will be appreciated!
Thanks
Stacy

Linda Maile Houghtailing
lindamaile2004@yahoo.com
Posted 2/3/06 at 9:02pm

Post a reply

Joseph Reuben Houghtailing

My father passed away today and I need to contact Annie Hall. Can anyone help me on the phone number of Auntie Annie? Please e-mail to my address: lindamaile2004@yahoo.com or lindamaile2005@comcast.net

Linda Maile Houghtailing
lindamaile2004@yahoo.com
Posted 2/7/06 at 10:02am

Post a reply

Our Family

Aloha Erin, I know who you are and indeed you are related to me. Your grandfather, Edward Houghtailing is at my mother's house as we speak. I gave him a copy of your message and he was really excited about it. He was surprised to hear about your Grandmother, Eleanore. Unfortunately, my father, Joseph Houghtailing, Your grandfathers brother passed away this past Friday, 2/3/2006. My name is Linda Maile and happy to find your message. We tried calling your phone number you posted and it didn't work. How is your father? William? Your grandfather showed me a picture of him from his wallet and he had to be about
3 or 4 years old and a cowboy outfit. Uncle Eddie, your grandfather has 6 or more children, all adults that live in Michigan. They would love to meet you!
They had misspelled your last name Reid when trying to locate your father Reidt. So they could never find any information. This is like a blessing you are trying to contact the Houghtailing family because
you do come from a big family. You can e-mail me anytime at the address I posted above. Anyway, I gave your short message to your grandfather and he will be trying to contact you! God Bless you and Take Care.
By the way your grandfather is strong, sharp and very good-looking. He would be happy to hear from you.

Dani HOUGHTAILING Gardner
dagardne@ksbe.edu
Posted 2/16/06 at 8:02am

Post a reply

Houghtailing Family/Greene County, NY

Aloha e John A. Houghtaling,

Greetings for the New Year 2006! I'm the Dani Gardner you're looking for. Yes, I do remember meeting with you at my working place some 20 years ago.

Since then both my parents have passed as has many of the senior family line here in Hawai'i.

I am still unable to find a document that links my George Washington Houghtailing to that Matthias line. The information we have here for our "George" was that he was born in the Hudson-Mohawk Valley area on April 17, 1817 the only George that comes close to that date is for the year 1816 with a father named William...

I hope you can supply me with more positive proof.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dani

Dani HOUGHTAILING Gardner
dagardne@ksbe.edu
Posted 2/16/06 at 8:02am

Post a reply

Mark Houghtailing Lee

Aloha e Diana,

We are family! Will share info on family if you will respond in kind to update me on the Mark Houghtailing LEE family that originallylived in Hilo, Hawaii.

Dani

Dani Gardner
dagardne@ksbe.edu
Posted 2/16/06 at 10:02am

Post a reply

Mabel May

Mabel May is deceased. She was married to my cousin George Kamehameha Houghtailing and they have a daughter named Phylis Hardy. her address is 2410A Makiki Heights Drive, Honolulu, HI 96822. Hope fully she can put you in touch with other family members.

Good luck!

Dani

stacy
Posted 2/24/06 at 12:02pm

Post a reply

Mabel May

Thank you so much Dani!
Kind regards,
Stacy

Laura (Hokoana) Tau-a
tauaf001@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 3/6/06 at 8:03pm

Post a reply

Mary Pauahi Keahi

Aloha, David, would you have any information on Mary Pauahi Keahi. I'm wondering if she connects to the Luaehu family of Maui. I've been working on this genealogy for awhile now and came across this web site and got very excited. I do hope the name is familiar. Also we do have a Mary Keahi Kaanaana Kalaauala/Pauahi/
Luaehu...She is the daughter of Kalaauala aka Pauahi(k) and Keahi Mii (w)...sure hope these name are familiar to you.
Mahalo, Laura

Diana Luana Schmidt
cschmidt4202@msn.com
Posted 3/9/06 at 1:03pm

Post a reply

Mark Houghtailing Lee

Hi Dani,

So happy to hear from you. I don't have a lot of information to provide regarding my father, Mark Houghtailing Lee, since he & Mom divorced when I was 5 years old and my Mom relocated to California (late 1950's). My dad was borm in Honolulu, but may have lived in Hilo at some time. He was very close to his sister, Verna (don't have a last name for her) and her daughter, Luana, my namesake. My dad eventually relocated to Long Beach, Calif., remarried and had 6 more kids. I would love to find out who & where they are now, especially since I'm about to move to Kailua & I heard that many of my half brothers & sisters now live on Oahu.

Any information you could provide would be fantastic!

Warmest aloha,
Diana

Sue Keliiheleua
RATS@GO@aol.com
Posted 8/27/06 at 1:08pm

Post a reply

Pauahi Keahi

Mary Pauahi Keahi of Maui married Keliiheleua/ AKA Kealiiheleua. Her parents were Makaole Keahi and Kahilinai. She had 7 children.
William. Maile, Lucy, Joseph, David, Elizabeth, and
Meleana Keliiheleua. Pauahi Keahi was my husbands mother and passes away in the 30's. David passed away in 1983. Mahalo and hope this helps. Sue Keliiheleua

Laura (Hokoana) Tau-a
tauaf001@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 9/8/06 at 3:09pm

Post a reply

Mary Pauahi Keahi

Aloha Sue,
Mahalo nui for your time. I just received info. On Mary. She was Mary Kaanaana Luaehu (Pauahi) of Hana, Maui. Her father was Kalaauala Pauahi and her mother was Keahi Mii.
Mahalo nui
Laura

John A. Houghtaling
athens3@tvc@online.net
Posted 10/28/06 at 3:10am

Post a reply

Houghtaling Family/Greene County NY

Dani Gardner...Email me at athens3@tvconline.net. Sorry that it has been such a long time for me to get back to you. Thanks for the response. I've not been to this site for a long time. I will try to help with your research in the family background,so please contact me by my email address....I will give to you my mailing address and phone when you contact me by email.

Regards,
John A.Houghtaling Sr.
athens3@tvconline.net
Athens, New York

Dani Houghtailing Gardner
dagardne@ksbe.edu
Posted 11/29/06 at 3:11pm

Post a reply

Houghtailing family

Aloha John,

Nice to hear from you after many years!

I am still trying to find documentation on my great-grandfather George Washing Houghtailing from the Hudson-Mohawk Valley area of New York.

I am still working at the school you visited way back when. contact me at my email address.

aloha,

Dani

Lei K. Makanani
makanani56@hotmail.com
Posted 3/26/07 at 11:03am

Post a reply

oops-wrong e-mail address!

Aloha ohana, I need to make a correction on my e-mail address. I gave you the wrong e-mail address. It is makanani56@hotmail.com. But my home phone is correct. Would love to hear from all of you. Aloha! Lei

Lei K. Makanani
makanani56@hotmail.com
Posted 4/19/07 at 11:04am

Post a reply

Keliiheleua

Maile K. Houghtailing is the sister to Joseph Keliiheleua who is my grandfather...his daughter(my mom) is Abigail K. Pahinui...mom danced hula for many years in the mainland w/my dad's family Keliiholokai...she shared with us that she needed to have a stage name so her real name was kept private...she choose to use "Maile" because her aunty Maile Houghtailing raised her when she was a little girl n mom had many fond memoried of her aunty Maile...mom is called aunty Maile on my father's side n is well loved by everyone of them...papa Joe was a fisherman by trade and played music really well...he taught my 5 brothers how to play music too...steel guitar ukulele n guitar as well...mom was a beautiful singer and could play the piano too...she was taught how to play the piano by papa Joe's younger sister...Auntie Maryann Keliiheleua...so as you can see our family are gifted in music too...hope to hear from you...

Desiree
smylz14332@yahoo.com
Posted 5/14/07 at 9:05am

Post a reply

Mary Kaaikamanu

I Was just wondering if there is any relation to my grandmother? Her name is Helen Mary (Kaaikamanu) Billianor. Her mothers maiden name is Meleana Keahi. Please get back to me. Thank You,
Desiree

Marlene Abrigo
maabrigo@ksbe.edu
Posted 5/22/07 at 4:05pm

Post a reply

Keliiheleua Ohana

Thank you so much for having this website so full of history and information. I am the granddaughter of Elizabeth Lono Keliiheleua (Souza). Aunty Sue, I have beautiful memories of growing up in my grandparents' home. I recall Uncle David Kelii and Aunty Sue always spending time at the house in Waialua with his steel guitar ready to play music for us. Aunty Sue - I remember very well all those times. We would look forward to seeing both of you and hearing that sweet sound of the steel guitar. My father, Ronald or Ronnie is the youngest of three, his brother Freddie and sister Pat are doing just as well. It would be nice to hear from you or any other family member to learn more about our ohana. I'd like to share any family memories and information with my children.
Mahalo,
Marlene

Karen Keliiheleua
kalena8oh8@yahoo.com
Posted 6/7/07 at 1:06pm

Post a reply

Keliiheleua ohana

Aloha every,

First off my name is Karen Keliiheleua, I am the grand-daughter of Elaine Kalani-Keliiheleua and William Keliiheleua. My grandmother was born and raised on the Big Island and my grandfather was born and raise either on Maui or Moloka'i. If you guys know information please let me know.

Mahalo Nui Loa

-Karen

dani gardner
gardnerboo1@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 7/5/07 at 12:07pm

Post a reply

Henry Francis Houghtailing

Henry Francis Houghtailing was born in Honolulu, Hawaii about 1858 and was last heard when he sailed on board the ship Giovanni Apiani from Honolulu Harbor about Oct. 1873. Since then no family records of his last wherabout can be found.

Does anyone out there know of this Henry. He was the second son of George Washington Houghtailing and his Hawaiian wife Elizabeth/Eliza Piimoku Houghtailing, who had eleven living children.

Need to update family records on this person. do not know where he settled and if there is any surviving family.

I can bring family members up to date on this family in Hawaii.

Thank you,

Dani Gardner

lindamaile2004@yahoo.com
Posted 7/20/07 at 6:07pm

Post a reply

My Grandmother, Maile K. Houghtailing

Hi Lei, I saw your message about Grandma Maile and so much wished she was here to see all of her family getting together like this. My grandmother was a very intelligent, well dressed, beautiful lady. She always told all of her grandchildren to stand tall and be proud of who we were. We miss her dearly. Anyways, My father, Joseph Houghtailing was probably named after your grandfather, Grandma's brother, my father just passed away last year in February. I miss him dearly.
Please say hello to your mom and I was so happy to hear a little history about my grandmother. God Bless and Aloha, Linda Maile

lindamaile2004@yahoo.com
Posted 7/20/07 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

Grandma Maile

Aloha Aunty, I just spoke to Ilima also the grand daughter of Grandma Maile. It was she and her sister Earlene that was with Grandma Maile visiting you in Las Vegas. She said that she remembers the army motorcycle that they rode in the back yard. She also mentioned going to the Star Dust and playing Keno with Grandma. She sends her love and God Bless You. Hope one day we all could get together and visit soon.
I thought that was a great idea. Love, Linda Maile

Cheri Brown
hi2cheri@aol.com
Posted 8/4/07 at 3:08pm

Post a reply

Mabel May Houghtailing

Mabel May Houghtailing was my husband's great aunt. She was married to George Houghtailing. Mabel was the sister of my husband's grandfather Gordon May. They were born on the big island and came to Oahu to attend Kamehameha School and then remained there. I have not heard of Aileen May. Was she born in Hawaii?

Jodie Houghtailing Dahlin
jodie.dahlin@gmail.com
Posted 9/25/07 at 6:09pm

Post a reply

Interested in Houghtailing genealogy

My name is Jodie Houghtailing Dahlin. My father was James B. Houghtailing. My grandfather was Mark Robinson Houghtailing, Jr. and my great-grandfather was Mark Robinson Houghtailing,Sr. I have no knowledge of my family history on the Houghtailing side. Please email me if there is any information out there that could help.

John A.Houghtaling Sr.
jahoughtalingsr@yahoo.com
Posted 12/2/07 at 12:12pm

Post a reply

Houghtaling Family Greene County NY.

Dani...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We met at your palce of work twenty years ago. I have new email address,you will find it on the bottom of this note to you. Please email me back to my email address rather than in this forum. It was just by luck that found this web site agian. My new email address is jahoughtalingsr@yahoo.com.

Regards,
John A.Houghtaling Sr.
Athens,NY

Lei K. Makanani
makanani56@hotmail.com
Posted 4/29/08 at 12:04am

Post a reply

Keliiheleua geneology

Abigail K. Keliiheleua's father was Joseph Kalani Keliiheleua...he's brothers were William..David (also known as David Keli'i)..also papa had 2 sisters...Elizbeth (we knew her as auntie Lono Souza from Wailua)...and then there's Auntie Maryann who is still living in Kauai..God bless her...their father was William Keliiheleua not quite sure of tutu lady's name but will get back with that...tutu-man and tutu-lady use to own a stall in china town and sold fish there...my mom would share her memories of her life around that time and said that was one of her best memories of her grandparents..she said life was hard but it was also good...alot of people would come too their stall and buy fish from them because her grandparents would talk story with everybody about everything worth talking about...that's how her grandparents kept up with current news...my grandfather and his siblings were born on Maui in Lahaina and they went too Kamehameha School there too...then Kamehameha moved too Oahu..somehow whoever has ties direct into William Keliihelua also has direct ties too Pauahi...I'm told it would be Queen Pauahi from Maui..not sure...she would also be the mother too Princess Pauahi Bishop...still searching on that too...but with my grandfather Joseph Keliiheleua's descendants he has 3 daughters...30 grandchildern...and many great-grand childern and more coming...hahaha...anyway will get back too all of my ohana...God bless you all..all the time...A hui hou...Na ohana

Carol Machida
gcjjbs@yahoo.com
Posted 5/15/08 at 5:05am

Post a reply

Meleana Keahi

HI-My name is Carol Machida. Meleana Keahi was my great grandmother.Her mothers family name is Kahilinai and her father is Keahi.She married John Kaaiakamanu and had 8 children- Annie,Helen,Caroline,Lucy,Peter,Moses,William and Joseph. Helen was my maternal grandmother.She married Narciso Billianor and had 8 children- Violet,John,Dolores(my mother),Lucille,Rosita,Beatrice,Rosaline and Junior ( Narcisco). Last year grandma Helen passed away and my cousins and I have been working on the family geneology. Through Grandma Helen alone we counted about 40 first cousins and about 100 grandchildren. The research my cousins did found that the Kalihinai-Keahi union produced 5 children- Meleana, Puahi,Haili,Kekuhi and Kanamu. We would like to "flesh" out the rest of the family tree so any help would sincerely be appreciated. Mahalo and A Hui Hou! May our Lord continue to bless each and everyone of you!

e. evalani pang
eevalanipang@comcast.net
Posted 8/13/08 at 7:08pm

Post a reply

meleana keahi

Attached is the information I have in my genealogical records. Meleana Keahi married a KAAIAKAMANU which can be located in the 1900 Census. Prior to the invasion of the missionaries, Hawaiian had "given names only," until the a law was passed about the 1840's to have a English name; generally, biblical name. Some of the native Hawaiians had taken on several English names. See below for attachment.

Page: Series: T623. Roll: 1835. 1900 Census, Wailuku, Maui
Quality: Primary

Text
KAAIAKAMANU HEAD H M Aug 1869 30y/o Married 10years
Meleana WIFE H F Jul 1872 27y/o Married 10years 6 children / 6 living
Puneuneu or
Puneunea DAU H F Nov 1892 07
Ane DAU H F July 1896 08
Kaluna (Peter)? SON H M May 1898 02
Malivea DAU H F Feb 1900

1920 Census - Waikapu Residing with Polapola Kamaka and wife Kaohu
Carrie or Caroline WARD H F 07y/o
Mary Machado WARD OT 04y/o
Puu Kahoolemana UNCLE Ha

Sabrina Keliiheleua
hokulani1968@yahoo.com
Posted 10/13/08 at 3:10pm

Post a reply

Keliiheleua Ohana

Aloha Everyone,

My name is Sabrina Keliiheleua and my father is David Keliiheleua and grandfather is David Keliiheleua (David Kelii)..... I just discovered this website and it has so much information I did not know about. Hopefully, with this information I have received will get me started with my geneology charts. Please feel free to email me with any updated information you may have.....

Russell Keliiheleua
demonhater1@yahoo.com
Posted 11/4/08 at 6:11pm

Post a reply

Aloha Ohana

I am Russell Keliiheleua son of Teri Keliiheleua and grandson of Sue Keliiheleua.I also have a sister named Lauren Keliiheleua.I am trying to continue the genealogy of our family. If any thing new comes up please Email me under the subject (kelii ohana) Please and thank you!

Sharlene Corpuz
schilohunny@gmail.com
Posted 11/11/08 at 4:11am

Post a reply

G.W.Houghtailing

Aloha Dani,
My name is Sharlene Corpuz. I just began my researching my Family Genealogy and I was glad to come across this website. According to LDS.org I am the great-great granddaughter of George Washington Houghtailing. Great grandaughter of James Cullins Houghtailing. I would appreciate your Aloha with any info. you may have past G.W.H. and where we originated from.
Mahalo, Shar

Michelle Keliiheleua Walkenhorst
michelle@walkenhorst.us
Posted 2/13/09 at 8:02pm

Post a reply

Keliiheleua

Aloha everyone!

This won't help with tracing back our geneology, but is just note on the perpetuation of the family lines.

I'm the youngest daughter of David Keliiheleua (David Keli'i) and Sue Manson. Their children also include Teri and Tony.

I married Jacob Walkenhorst. My children are Kaikolani, Coby James Keahi, and William "Liam" Joseph Hoapili. We still live in Utah.

My mom, Teri and her children: Lisa, Jason(& wife Maria), Russell, and Lauren live in Las Vegas, NV.

Tony lives with his family in California.

Vernroy Kalani Kaaiakamanu
cookrdude@yahoo.com
Posted 3/26/09 at 1:03am

Post a reply

Auntie Helen

Aloha, Desiree and Carol Machida, just happened to run across this website and was glad I did. I to am trying to locate family names for geneology, happy I ran across your post. My father is William Antone Kaaiakamanu and is brother to auntie Helen. Sorry to hear auntie past away. Carol I am first cousin to your mother, infact we my brother and I lived with auntie and the family in the plantation camp in Lahaina and attended Lahaina Luna for a short while. I don't have much information about the family history, but am hoping to find more information about the Kaaiakamanu and Keahi family, We need to keep in touch and try to pull our resources to see what we can do. Give my aloha to your mom and the rest of the family. The last time I saw your gramma was i believe in 1999. We had a get together and I took a picture of her and auntie Caroline together.
Mahalo, Hope to hear from you soon.
Cousin Vern

evalani pang
uhane_hele@comcast.net
Posted 5/20/09 at 6:05pm

Post a reply

Kaaiakamanu and Billanor

You may wish to send a message to my sister Helen Pang-Robello. Her e-mail address is pangus01@yahoo.com. Carrie Kaaiakaman was my grand-aunt, half sister to my grandfather. Kaaiakamanu and Billanor are connected but I don't know how. The names are decendants of Maui.

Aaron Pollick
kekoaiki2@gmail.com
Posted 6/28/09 at 9:06pm

Post a reply

Frank Houghtailing

Aloha all:
this is a wonderful site to have crossed. I hope I'm not too late. I too as many of you is looking for a link to our side. I do our genelogy for the Makanui/Chun Fat family. and we have a connection of Frank Houghtailing. I've seen no mention of him. My grandfather visited this family in his earlier days at the house (so I'm told) if all is wondering I'm also related to the Jimmy Kealoha family. would love any information or contacts to wala'au. We will have a family reunion in 2010 @ Hilo. I love to share
Aaron

Daisy Houghtailing
dh5607@yahoo.com
Posted 7/6/09 at 3:07pm

Post a reply

Makanui/Chun Fat/ James Kealoha

Hello. I am the daughter of Elizabeth (Makanui) Warren, my mother was hanai to her maternal grandparents, Charles & Hannah Warren of Kurtistown HI. I do know that my mother was the eldest child of James Kealoha Makanui & Julia Warren Makanui. My mother and father, Frank Houghtailing have passed. I am familiar with some of our relatives from the Makanui/Chun Fat family names, info given to me by my mother. I have heard of Joseph Chun Fat, I think he is the one who could kui kapa. I have heard of the Lancaster family. My mother's youngest Mary Kim is still alive at the age of 84. contact me online or at #808-262-8517. Aloha Daisy

Cecilia "Queenie" Keliiholokai
o_giggles@hotmail.com
Posted 7/31/09 at 3:07am

Post a reply

Keliiheleua/Keliiholokai

Hey howzit!

My name is Cecilia "Queenie" Keliiholokai. My mom, Abigail Keliiheleua, was the 2nd daughter of Joseph Kalanui Keliiheleua. I remember all of these names Earl, Edmund, Annie Hall, Uncle Junior, Uncle John...etc, met them all with mom. As well as the Souzas from Waialua, Houghtailings from the mainland.

To Aunty Sue Keliihelua, met you while visiting mom in Vegas. Hope you doing fine.

Glad to see everybody on here!

Aaron Pollick
kekoaiki@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 8/3/09 at 3:08am

Post a reply

Makanui ohana

Daisy,
YES!. my grandfather Joe Chun Fat was more of a writer, My great grandmother (Charles sister) Kaimi was a kuiki as well as my grand uncle. I will call you to connect so we may share stories. Its alway nice to find a little, to learn a lot, to share that will last a life time.
Aaron

Judy
judyh1969@yahoo.com
Posted 11/7/09 at 6:11am

Post a reply

Keliiheleua & houghtailing ties

my father joseph r houghtailing is son to maile keliiheleua whom married edward k houghtailing

Sibi Hoke
sibi@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 11/29/09 at 2:11am

Post a reply

Makanui Ohana of Lahaina

My children are descendants of Annie Makanui of Lahaina, born 1866. Family genealogy shows Elizabeth Kawaluna Makanui born 1862. I believe this is the same person hanai to the Warren Ohana. Does the Warren Ohana of Kurtistown have a relative that is a Pastor? I would be happy to hear from you.

William J. Lau
jim_barie2003@yahoo.com
Posted 12/7/09 at 12:12pm

Post a reply

Houghtailing Family Geneology

Aloha,

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is William J. Lau (Billy) and I am the son of Olivia K. Apo, grandson of Sarah K. Houghtailing, great-grandson of James Cullen Houghtailing, and the great-great grandson of George Washington Houghtailing. The reason for this short missive is I was wondering if you could shed any light on our family for me.

My address is:

William J. Lau
8002 South Airport Rd.
Milton, FL 32570

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Cousin Billy

George Keliiheleua
hawn2009@yahoo.com
Posted 12/14/09 at 4:12pm

Post a reply

cecilia(queenie)Keliiholokai

hi queenie my name is george,my dad is william patrick keliiheleua.want to know if aunty Abi and william(my dad)is 1st cousin.his parents are William Keliikalanui Keliiheleua and wife is Rose Lokelani aki.the're from Kamalo,Molokai.please any info can u let me know..Email is hawn2009@yahoo.com.thank u......

Malieokalani kalanui
okalani102@yahoo.com
Posted 12/14/09 at 11:12pm

Post a reply

looking for some of my family

hi my name is malie okalani kalanui i dont know if this is the right family but im looking for some of mine. i dont know my families names but my dads name is Joseph Kawahinekuaaina Kalanui and maybe some one can help me out! if you know anything about my dad or my family it would be nice to let me know. thank you

malie
okalani102@ yahoo.com

Austin
arod262@hotmail.com
Posted 10/4/10 at 10:10pm

Post a reply

Mary Pauahi Luaehu

Aloha everyone,
I was doing genealogy as everyone is doing on here. I am stumped now and know need outside opinion.
Well anywayz Im Mary Pauahi Luaehu 5 great-grandson and I have doing extensive research on her father. I find many stories about -Luaehu- a boy who turn into the Ulua Fish and was believed to be a Warrior when turned into the form of man.
Also I find that the Iolani school for boys in 1800's was named the Luaehu Shcool.
Also in 1840 the First Hawaiian Constitution was named the Luaehu Constitution.

Can anyone fill me in on more info??

Daisy Houghtailing
dh5607@yahoo.com
Posted 12/23/10 at 8:12pm

Post a reply

Houghtailing genealogy

Merry Christmas!

My name is Daisy, my father, Frank B. Houghtailing was the younger brother of Mark R. Houghtailing Jr.( born 1914). Your father, James Bruce Houghtailing is our first cousin. I have some information about the families we are decendants of Mark Robinson Houghtailing Jr. and Daisy Hildegarde Kaimiaupuni Zerbe. You can call me at my sister Charlotte' s residence,my son and I live with her and her family in Kailua Oahu HI. Numbers to reach me at 262-8517 &/or 551-3120 or email address: dh5607@yahoo.com. Hopefully, you, your sister Brandie, my sister Charlotte and I can meet somewhere to talk story. Call or email me when you have time. Aloha Daisy

Aina Kalanui
akalanui@yahoo.com
Posted 4/28/11 at 6:04pm

Post a reply

RELATED

As you can see, I also have the same last name. Your dad was my 1st cousin. His dad, Robert Solomon, and my dad, Solomon Palela were brothers. I met some of your family at the reunion we had in 2005 at Mailiili Beach Park. Suki IS SUPPOSED TO PLAN another reunion which was supposed to happen 2010 in Maui at his home. I believe it didn't happened because he didn't get the awardation; I don't know, but I'm still waiting because it needs to be done so we can know.

Vic DuBray
vdubray@eoni.com
Posted 12/1/11 at 3:12pm

Post a reply

Keliiheleua Ohana

Aloha, I am Vic Dubray 3rd,my dad is Vic DuBray jr and is the son of Meleana Keliiheleua. I am trying to find information about grammas brother, Joe Kalanui Keliiheleua. There was some family history that uncle Joe passed down to my dad but has since been lost. If you are a child of uncle Joe Kalanui Keliiheleua, could you please contact me at vdubray@eoni.com. Mahalo.

Jessica Baugues
ourhunnybaby@yahoo.com
Posted 2/1/12 at 8:02am

Post a reply

Houghtailing

Hi, I am Jessica Baugues originally from Hilo but just recently moved to Kapolei on O'ahu. I have been doing research for a few years now and love connecting with relatives and sharing info. I am related to Sarah Houghtailing and George Houghtailing as well as the Feary family.
I would love to gather and share info with some of you if possible.
You can also catch me on Facebook under Jessica Baugues or email me @ ourhunnybaby@yahoo.com

I have tried emailing some of you but had no luck as most of the postings are older and the email addresses don't exist anymore.

Dancetta M Feary
dancetta@butterflyrealtor.com
Posted 2/19/12 at 1:02pm

Post a reply

George Houghtailing's 1st Marriage

Hi Dani,
I was happy to find you. I am a descendant of George Washington's first Daughter Sara and am trying to find out more about my great, great grandmother who married Louis Jerome Feary. I am the sister of musician Bryant Mackey Feary Jr. Do you know the name of George's first wife? I am trying to trace that line also as well as would like to know more about your line. Is it on any public site (Ancestry.com, etc?). My phone number is 808-723-0630 and I live in Kaneohe Hawaii. People know me because I raise monarch butterflies and you can see my video at www.whitemonarchs.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dancetta Feary
dancetta@hawaii.rr.com

Post a reply

George Houghtailing Headstone

Hi Dani,
If you write me, I can send you a picture of our ancestors headstone which depicts George's, Elizabeth's, Daniel's and George's birth dates and death dates from Oahu Cemetary. I happened upon it by accident the day my cousin was buried just in front of them. I also have a photo of Olivia and Sophia (daughters?).
Mahalo!

Dancetta M Feary
dancetta@butterflyrealtor.com

Post a reply

Bryant Mackey Feary to George Houghtailing

I am the daughter of Bryant Mackey Feary, Sr. (HFD fire captain-retired/deceased), sister of musician Mackey, Jr (musician). My great, great grandfather Louis Jerome Feary married Sara(h) Houghtailing who I was told was the daughter of George Houghtailing by his first marriage. I am trying to find information on her mother and father as well as learn more about the rest of our Houghtailing cousins. I have started to put my line on Ancestry.com and it is public. I would love to meet my ohana. Ph. 808-723-0630. I am also known as the butterfly realtor because I raise monarch butterflies including the rare whites and give free public tours, educating people on saving these endangers beautiful creatures. Go to www.whitemonarchs.com to see the video of them.

Lawaina Maliikapu
lawaina@gmail.com
Posted 3/29/12 at 5:03pm

Post a reply

Keahi (K) - Kahilinai (w)

mahalo carol, Grace h, (Waiwaiole) Papalimu is my grandmother. Racheal W. Kanakawaiwaiole (her mama), Kanakawaiwaiole (her grandfather), Keahi (great grandfather) & Kahilinai (great grandmother). before she departed she mentioned that we are related to Kakuhewa/Kuhewa. Much mahalo for your info, greatly helpful. Ohana

John Kaneholani
mrk@hawaiiantel.net
Posted 5/1/12 at 8:05pm

Post a reply

Kaaiakamanu Reunion on Kauai

The family of Annie Kaaiakamanu is planning a family reunion on the island of Kauai June 21 -24, 2012 if you are interested in coming call John @ 634-8186.

John Kaneholani
mrk@hawaiiantel.net
Posted 5/1/12 at 8:05pm

Post a reply

Kaaiakamanu Reunion

My name is John Kaneholani the grandson of Annie Kaaiakamanu Kanei. We are havin a family reunion on the island of Kauai June 21-24,2012 @ Anahola Beach Park. We will be sharing Tutu Annies family with those in attendance and take them to her resting place in Wainiha, Kauai. Interested call John @ 634-8186

John Kaneholani
mrk@hawaiiantel.net
Posted 5/3/12 at 4:05am

Post a reply

Meleana Keahi Kaaiakamanu

Meleana married John Kaaiakamanu had 8 children: My grandma is Annie Kaaiakamanu Kanei who resided in Wainiha Valley on Kauai. We like lots of you are looking for tutus family and recently been very blessed with information that is helping us before our Kaaiakamanu reunion on Kauai June 21 -24, 2012 @ Anahola, Kauai

John Kaneholani
mrk@hawaiiantel.net
Posted 6/8/12 at 8:06pm

Post a reply

John Kaaiakamanu/Meleana Keahi Ohana Reunion

Aloha ohana, My name is John Kaneholani, from Anahola Kauai and is the grandson of Annie Kaaiakamanu. We have are having a ohana reunion on the i sland of Kauai June 21 thru 24, 2012 at Anahola Beach Park. If you are interested in attending the reunion Registration is scheduled for Thursday June 21 from 8am to the Welcome Ceremony which will begin about 6pm.

Sharlene Corpuz
sharcorpuz.jacks@gmail.com
Posted 6/19/12 at 10:06pm

Post a reply

Elizabeth Houghtailing

Aloha It's been awhile since I have been on this website. I had a question that I hope someone can shed some light on. My grandmother was Elizabeth Victoria Houghtailing, daughter of James Cullen Houghtailing(brother to Mark Houghtailing)and Annie. I do not know much about Annie except that she was Japanese/Hawaiian. I would like to know the correct spelling of her Japanese maiden last name.Can anyone shed some light for me? My mother, Philomena Naylor (daughter of Elizabeth) would enjoy having this lost bit of information for our geneology chart. Mahalo Nui
Shar

Cheryl working
Cworkings@yahoo.com
Posted 10/7/12 at 8:10pm

Post a reply

Mark houghtailing Lee

Uncle Mark was my grandmothers brother. Her name was Angeline Kelehuaomakanoi lee married name Rawlins . She had 6 brothers and sisters. She had 12 children. Contact me my mother is still alive and has lots of information. My phone is 562 5778980 or email me.

Aina Kalanui
akalanui@yahoo.com
Posted 10/17/12 at 6:10am

Post a reply

KALANUI OHANA

Aloha! Well, its good to know that we are related. Your dad is my first cousin as his dad, Robert Solomon Kalanui is my dad's (Solomon Palela Kalanui) older brother. Their parents were Robert Solomon Kalanui and Hattie Heleaka Kuaaina. I think your mom is Leilani Kamakaokalani and I met some of your siblings. We had a family reunion back in 2005 and Sukii was supposed to head up the next reunion in 2010. It didn't happen, but it needs to be done because we of the 3rd generation is diminishing and soon we'll be gone and the next 3 won't even know anything. Would you like to get involved in the planning?!!? Didn't know this site existed but I'm glad I found you. Hope to hear from you soon... God bless and love ya....

Zeny M Cunningham
zeny_c_3007@yahoo.com
Posted 12/16/12 at 4:12pm

Post a reply

after 30 yrs found friends

after solong --i have found my friends in HI---DAISY--ELIZABETH and KALA--
DEC/16/2012
love from antie zeny

Tiana K. Laranio
holomuaorganics@gmail.com
Posted 6/29/13 at 11:06pm

Post a reply

Kaiminaauao 'Ohana

Aloha, 'Anakala Vic

My name is Tiana Kaleokalani Laranio and I am the Daughter of Anna(Carvalho) Kaiminaauao, Grand daughter of Mildred (Lambert Kaiminaauao) Chock, and great grandaughter of Lucy(Alfred Fong Chock)Keliiheleua. I had the opportunity to be with your mother in her last years as she stayed with my grandma here on Kaua'i. She remains to be a guiding light in my life as she was around with her Aloha in times of much learning for me. I don't know much about our 'ohana and very much would love too. I just so happened to type in Keliiheleua and found this website, and saw you, so I wanted to send you Aloha and make connections. Hope all is always so very well for you and your 'ohana. Aloha no! Tiana Kaleokalani Laranio, Anahola, Kaua'i

Top | Bottom
Add a Message to this Topic
(Or... Click here to post a New Topic.)

Yes No