home news index honorees membership gallery index forum

Forum Home > Hawaiian Music Artists > Toma Natto?

Toma Natto?

(24 Messages)

rand
Posted 11/27/01 at 12:11pm

Post a reply

Toma Natto?

Hi,

Someone told me about an artist named Toma Nato and I can't find anything about him on the Net! If you have any links, would you please email me and let me know where I can find some information about that artist?

Thanks,

Rand
randweb@yahoo.com

Top | Bottom
Vonnell
vreiny-ilikai@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 1/2/04 at 2:01pm

Post a reply

Group Tomanato

Either late 80's of early 90's group "Tomanato" had a hit song. What was the name of that song?

Keola Donaghy
keola@nahenahe.net
Posted 3/24/04 at 9:03am

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

Toma/Natto was a duo, not a person. Dave Toma and Richard Natto. I'm not sure of their hit, I picked up a used copy of a "best of" compilation a few years ago. I knew Richard slightly from the late 80s, he had at least one solo recording project also, "Richard's Street." He was in Society of Seven for a while in the 90s, not sure if or where he's playing these days. If you want more info let me know and I'll dig up that CD.

Auntie Maria
auntie@mele.com
Posted 3/24/04 at 9:03am

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

Toma/Natto was actually a duo -- David Toma and Richard Natto.

Neither of their albums ("Revisited" and "Zoomin' Away") made it to CD format, but you might be able to find vinyl copies via a used-music retailer.

Titi
Nani_Girl96744@yahoo.com
Posted 4/16/04 at 12:04am

Post a reply

I have the album

I have the album tho i do not have a record player any more. If anyone is looking for the words for any of the songs on the "Zoomin Away" album please let me know

A hui hou!

James
jykazu@yahoo.com
Posted 6/15/04 at 3:06pm

Post a reply

Remeber the songs, I think.

I think the hit is a song with these lyrics, though I can't remember the exact title.

Babe, there's been a pain inside my heart, from the day we had to part. Thuogh, I've tried. I can't erase what I feel inside.
Girl. It's with you that I belong. Now I see that I was wrong. i can't deny what a mistake to have said goodbye.
Chorus: I only know that I love and I want you. You know I can't live without you. I only know that I love you and I want you. I know I know I can't live without your love...

Might be called "I only know that I love you".
I am also lokoing for these songs.I only have clear memories of them.
Another song is called "Silent Town", but it was not as popular.
It is very Air Supply sounding.

J

yoshi
weare_ohana@yahoo.co.jp
Posted 6/30/04 at 4:06pm

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

Dave Toma is now member of Edgewater.
You can get their CD"Seasons Changes" at any CD store.

Richard Natto is still working in SOS Kas Vegas..
You can see them Outrigger at waikiki every night.

Danny Han
dannyhan1@gmail.com
Posted 9/3/04 at 11:09pm

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

Actually, the "Revisited" album was released on CD in '97. Unless there was another Revisited album prior to that. I believe it was released under the Tropical Jam Productions label.

Danny

Titi Collins
kprtyqn@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 9/10/04 at 10:09pm

Post a reply

Zoomin Away Album (Toma/Natto)

I have this LP and a few others I have decided to part with. If anyone is interested, please let me know
====================

Randy
randy_igsf@yahoo.com
Posted 10/3/04 at 11:10pm

Post a reply

group tomanato

I'm not sure what the song was called, but I too have been looking for that group myself but can't find it in any stores or even tower record archive listings.

I bought it on a single 45 for a friend back then, but I would feel a little awkward to ask her if she still has it now, even though I know that there's a really good chance she has it. It's weird how everyone knows this group that made a really good song, yet we don't know the name of it!

Roy
featherar003@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 10/10/04 at 7:10pm

Post a reply

tomanato

the name of the song is "all my love to you" on the tomanato revisited album. check with jelly's they might have it.

paul
tobosap001@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 3/10/05 at 6:03pm

Post a reply

toma & natto

there was a song...you're my one man lady?

know of any CD from the 80's?
Paul

Titi Collins
kprtyqn@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 3/19/05 at 6:03pm

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

I received a phone call from Paul Natto a few months ago and he advised that the Toma/Natto album i have is a limited edition. He also said that they are working on something with the group but that was all he explained....has anyone heard anything at all?

Sherwin
SherwinP@mac.com
Posted 2/9/07 at 12:02am

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

This song is "All my love", and it was on Kid Leo's Hawaiian Love Songs Volume One if it's still available.

Lester
les@flyinhawn.com
Posted 2/16/07 at 2:02am

Post a reply

One Man Lady

Awesome song.

This was by the group Music Magic

Jay Molina sings it and plays bass on Maui these days (last I heard)

Sadie
ptoyookaompo@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 4/13/07 at 4:04pm

Post a reply

Not Just Another Pretty Face

After Richard Natto left Toma-Natto, he recorded an album entitled "Not Just Another Pretty Face". I have the LP (would like to have it on CD). It's so awesome!!! He's very popular in Japan, so you can find it in LP or CD on some Japanese websites.

Julian Toma
julian-ray1@hotmail.com
Posted 5/7/07 at 10:05pm

Post a reply

dats my dad!

my dads currently workin on solo stuff in our house. hes busy workin most of the time on his own stuff.

steve
stevenjn@hawaiilink.net
Posted 6/3/07 at 1:06pm

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

Songs from this group are not in far away places and probably only in Honolulu. Is there a place anyone knows that has their recordings?

Junior
Posted 9/6/07 at 1:09am

Post a reply

Tomanatto

I think the hit is a song with these lyrics, though I can't remember the exact title.

Babe, there's been a pain inside my heart, from the day we had to part. Thuogh, I've tried. I can't erase what I feel inside.
Girl. It's with you that I belong. Now I see that I was wrong. i can't deny what a mistake to have said goodbye.
Chorus: I only know that I love and I want you. You know I can't live without you. I only know that I love you and I want you. I know I know I can't live without your love...

The name of the song is called "Without Your Love"

shonnariel
shonnariel@yahoo.com
Posted 6/15/08 at 1:06am

Post a reply

hit song from tomanato

the song was called toma natto

Bonnie
bkua@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 8/24/10 at 6:08pm

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

Dave Toma & Richard Natto - still jamming together right here in Honolulu. Catch them at Terry's Place at the Chinese Cultural Plaza in September 2010 - Sundays & Tuesdays 8pm-ish. Playing old and new songs from 70's, 80's, & 90's. Down to earth guys. Awesome musicians. Come on out if you get a chance to. No cover.

Shell
Gpy001@hotmail.com
Posted 2/29/12 at 1:02am

Post a reply

Dave Toma/ SUNWAY

I haven't seen or heard from Dave Toma since the 80's, but I was pleasantly surprised to see him with SUNWAY opening for Adam Lambert. I got my tickets last minute so I had tissue for my Bloody nose, but it took all of about two songs to realize who was on guitar. Dave is an amazing Guitarist and someone who inspired me to keep playing. I'm glad he's still part of the circuit and jammin with Richard Natto(when not with SOS) who is himself a brilliant musician.

mark
mdm808@gmail.com
Posted 8/8/13 at 6:08am

Post a reply

toma/nato

You got lyrics to hideaway?

Titi Kau'ilani Ricafort
nanigirl96744@aol.com
Posted 11/28/13 at 9:11pm

Post a reply

Toma/Natto

They were a duo but have long since split up. I corresponded with Mr Natto some while back as he is in the mainland.

Top | Bottom
Add a Message to this Topic
(Or... Click here to post a New Topic.)

Yes No